This website was created in 2020 as an initiative of the SALT steering committee, and is intended to serve as a permanent home for all SALT information. This initiative coincided with the development of other resources, including a private repository for SALT organizers, hosting for future websites, and a template to use in creating those sites. This website and the template were adapted from the SALT29 site authored by Dylan Bumford.
The SALT steering committee
The steering committee was formed in 2017 to formalize relationships within the SALT committee to support the needs of SALT organizers from year to year. It is currently constituted by (i) members of the previous 3 years' organizing committees, and (ii) a number of (s)elected positions to support different aspects of local organizing.
In 2020, the steering committee instituted a democratic selection process for the first time. The Chair and LSA Liaison serving from 2020 were elected in this fashion.
You can email the SALT Steering Committee at email@example.com.
The current committee
- Jessica Rett (SALT29); through 2022
- Dylan Bumford (SALT29); through 2022
- Roman Feiman (SALT31); through 2024
- Sarah Murray (SALT30); through 2023
- Scott Anderbois (SALT31); through 2024
- Polly Jacobson (SALT31); through 2024
- Ana Aguilar Guevara (SALT32); through 2025
- Jessica Rett (Chair); 2020-2021
- Rajesh Bhatt (LSA liason); 2020-2022
- Simon Charlow (Technology coordinator); 2019-2021
- Ezra Keshet (Interim Diversity coordinator); 2020-2021
- Robert Henderson (Languages coordinator); 2020-2022
- Mats Rooth (CLC rep); in perpetuity
Past committee members
- Kai von Fintel (SALT28); through 2021
- Danny Fox (SALT28); through 2021
- Alexander Williams (SALT27; through 2020)
- Chris Potts (SALT25; through 2019)
- Alexis Wellwood (Chair; 2019-2020)
- Jessica Rett (Diversity coordinator; 2019-2020)
- David Beaver (Chair; 2018-2019)
- Lucas Champollion (Chair; 2017-2018)
- Kristen Syrett (LSA liason; 2017-2020)
- Hadas Kotek (Diversity coordinator; 2017-2019)
- Alexis Wellwood (Technology coordinator; 2017-2019)